“Eat 3” Promoted at Farmers' Markets This Summer
July 13, 2011
HERKIMER, NY - Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Herkimer County will be available at area Farmers Markets this summer to promote “Eat 3 – Eat Well, Eat Local, Eat Together” as part of the Creating Healthy Places to Live Work and Play grant through NYS Department of Health awarded to Herkimer County HealthNet.
Recipes, food samples, and preservation ideas for using fresh produce will be shared along with the new 2011 Herkimer County Local Foods Map. Free reusable grocery bags will also be available while supplies last. Dates, times, and locations include:
• Dolgeville Farmers’ Market (Municipal lot, between Kinney Drugs & M&T Bank): Friday July 22 (9 am - 12 noon)
• Old Forge Farmers’ Market (Park Ave, between Crosby & Lamberton Street): Friday July 22 (2 - 5 pm)
• Herkimer Early Bird Farmers’ Market (Aubuchon Hardware, 105 N Caroline Street): Thursday July 28 (9 - 11am)
• Herkimer Farmers’ Market (Herb Philipson's parking lot): Thursday July 28 (11:30 am - 2pm)
• Richfield Springs Farmers’ Market (Spring Park): Saturday July 30 (9 am – 12 noon)
• Mohawk Farmers’ Market (Weller Park, West Main Street): Wednesday August 3 (2 – 5 pm)
• Little Falls Farmers’ Market (M&T Bank lot, Albany Street): Saturday August 6 (9 am – 12 noon)
Herkimer County HealthNet, Inc., along with other agencies in NY State administers the Creating Healthy Places Grant to Live, Work, & Play grant to prevent obesity and type 2 diabetes by increasing physical activity and increasing healthy eating. Herkimer County HealthNet has partnered with Cornell Cooperative Extension of Herkimer County in an effort to promote healthy eating and increasing the use of farmers’ markets.
For additional information about the Eat 3Farmers’ Markets, please call Cornell Cooperative Extension at (315) 866-7920.
Jill Turner Program Educator, (315)-866-7920 x228